Swine Flu : The vaccine

It's been several days now that I question myself. Why are there so many people who deny the seriousness of Swine Flu. Should we believe the more optimistic? And if they were wrong? I am getting scared because there are so many contradictions.

Saturday at the hospital, the celebrant of the mass office had lunch with us and was telling us: - "There is no truth in what they say about this flu, it is the pharmaceutical companies who want to make money with their pill Tamiflu. And I do not understand why the diocese Gatineau is emptying holy water fonts, it's ridiculous. "

I was flabbergasted, that person has a position of authority as a minister of religion and in my opinion, he should not speak that way about something as serious and also he has no expertise. There were people aged over 80 years at that table. From what I understand, these people are at risk and they also are volunteers at the hospital. That the industry of religion is content to look after the souls. The Church is really not well placed to talk about the quick money that could make other industries. ... .. There is also that faith in the deity who will decide if he or she will be hit or not with the illness. This minister of religion was speaking personally but it makes me feel realy angry....

Lets forget this man, isn't it true that many people think like him, "Only Half Of Us Want Swine Flu Shots". Should we fear the vaccine?. I respect the choice of everyone not to be vaccinated and it's at their own risk, it's a personal decision, everybody is master of his person.

But everyone has the responsibility not to transmit the illness, isn't it? A classroom teacher, a hockey coach, a babysitter, a bus driver, a minister of religion, aren't they a vehicles for the spread of the disease? Apparently, if they ever catch it, they are contagious 24 hours before onset of symptoms. Isn't it a mark of respect for those around them every day? shouldn't they be vaccinated at least to minimize the risk of catching and passing.

I live with someone who almost died of meningitis and I'm going to be vaccinated. I don't want to let this disease to enter our house. It is true that the vaccine could cause side effects but I have no fear. I am certain that Swine Flu would be much worse, if I caught it.

What do you think about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT TO LEAVE A TRACE OF YOUR VISIT OR GIVE YOUR OPINION? DO NOT HESITATE TO WRITE A COMMENT.
Thank you for your visit and see you soon.