Chichi and Diva

CHICHI ET DIVA

Let me introduce you my two cats, Chichi and Diva. At new-year 1999, I was invited to celebrate at my brother's place and I came back with these two little balls of hair.


They were so cute, we had fitted the spare bedroom for them. At night we started leaving the doors ajar , just so they could not escape the room, but they could hear the noises of the house and they could do all their follies of youth without disturbing us.


And during the day, the doors to our rooms were slightly closed so they could not enter and sleep in the beds. After one year we stop closing the doors.
After a few years, we moved to Verdun, west of Montreal, the apartment was smaller and they had lost their room. They slept in the lounge. I had found a job downtown and I had to take a bus at the corner of my street to get to the subway. That's about 500 steps and when I was arriving at the bus stop, I was so breathless, I thought I would die. Do I have asthma? Is it my heart? Is this the new apartment?




C H I C H I
CHICHI
Chichi was very endearing, purring and affectionate to us, but she hated visitors.
She was then very mad and was spitting on them.



D I V A
DIVA
Diva had mitten paws. The opposite of Chichi, she was independent, adventurous.
She loved taking rides in the house and playing hockey with balls of paper.


The doctor prescribed me a bronchodilator that I had to use the morning before leaving for work. I realized that I had these ailments at the beginning of the week and I did not had to use my pump on other days. In joke, I was saying that I must be allergic to work because I always use my pump on Mondays.

One day I found myself unemployed and since I was staying at home, I was using my pump every day. It was obvious I was allergic to something at home. I had to get rid of my cats. A very hard decision, obviously I denied a few weeks and Henry had to reason with me. He also had great difficulty to get rid of them.

I phoned the SPCA, and they came to get them on one spring morning. They put them together in the same small cage. Chichi was so mad and was spitting, she hated so much this man who had grabbed her so suddenly to insert her into this tiny cage, and Diva rolled herself into a ball, she was so afraid, she was paralized with fear and she was hoping that Chichi wins the battle.

On paper, I asked that the cats were not separated. But Chichi was so bad with foreigners.......... I prefer not to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT TO LEAVE A TRACE OF YOUR VISIT OR GIVE YOUR OPINION? DO NOT HESITATE TO WRITE A COMMENT.
Thank you for your visit and see you soon.